Navigate your future
“Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day in and day out.”
Botvin LifeSkills is a High School program that offers an integrated approach that helps to develop personal, interpersonal, and drug resistance skills. The curriculum is designed to strengthen student’s abilities in the following areas:
- Self-Management Skills: Students will be empowered to develop strategies to make health decisions, reduce stress, manage anger, and conflict resolution skills.
- General Social Skills: Students will strengthen their communication skills and learn how to build healthy relationships.
- Drug Resistance Skills: Students will understand the consequences of substance use, risk-taking, and the negative influences of social media.
- Family Communications: Botvin recognizes changing roles in the family; we teach how to communicate effectively with family members and how to identify developmental changes in oneself.
- Healthy Relationships: Botvin increases awareness of what students are attracted to in others and what attracts others to them; skills for effective social interaction; resolving conflicts in close personal relationships.
Additional Benefits Include
SAVE Peer-Led Program (Students Against Violence Everywhere): This program will provide a safe place for students to learn how to decrease violence and risky behaviors while enhancing their own SEL.
National Youth Violence Prevention Leadership Summit along with Community Outreach & Engagement Events: Students will be able to participate in a community-wide event to help spread awareness about youth violence.
Support Groups: Provide bi-monthly meetings that support youth affected by violence and provide training on healthy coping skills, communication, and conflict resolution.
Life Lanes 2 Units
Unit 1: The Value of Good Health
Unit 2: Decision-Making for Health
Unit 3: Risk-Taking & Substance Abuse
Unit 4: The Media & Health
Unit 5: Managing Stress, Anger, and Other Emotions
Unit 6: Family Communication
Unit 7: Healthy Relationships